Who We Are
Serenity Homes is a local real estate company, specializing in purchasing and remodeling single-family and multi-family properties in and around the Capital Region. If you are visiting our website, chances are, you either received a correspondence from us in the mail or you saw our advertising elsewhere. First, we would like to thank you for your interest in our services. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and we sincerely value your business. Second, please feel free to browse our website and the website of our affiliated company — Serenity Real Estate Team — a real estate brokerage, located in Latham, New York.
While we have a number of experienced real estate agents who would be more than happy to help you market and sell your property, we understand that utilizing a real estate agent may not always be appropriate or suitable in all situations. For this reason, we also offer property owners the opportunity to obtain a fast, cash offer directly from us. Please see a full description of our offer process and the short form with the information needed to begin to evaluate your property below. If you have any questions or concerns about the process or would like to speak to one of us, please do not hesitate to reach out by phone or e-mail and we will get right back to you.
How The Cash Offer Process Works
1. First, we receive your request by having you fill out and submit the form above.
2. Second, we contact you to learn more about your property.
3. Third, we set up a quick appointment to look at the property.
4. Fourth, we present you with an offer.
If we agree on a price, we set up a closing at our attorney’s or your attorney’s office. We give you a certified check and you give us the deed and the keys. And that’s it!
— FAQs —
Who Typically Sells Properties to Serenity Homes?
Here are some of the reasons people sell to us:
- Need to sell an inherited property quickly.
- Need to tap into the equity locked in the property.
- Tired of renting to problem tenants.
- Unable or unwilling to deal structural repairs.
- Relocating or job transfer.
- Going through a divorce.
- Falling behind on mortgage payments and facing possible foreclosure.
- Simply moving, but not wanting to mess with repairs, painting, or cleaning.
- and more…
How do I Benefit from Selling to You?
Selling directly to Serenity Homes provides you with a number of benefits, including:
- Saving money on realtor commissions (typically 6% of the sale price).
- Saving money on typical closing costs, which are paid by US (this could be thousands of dollars more).
- No delays from banks, appraisals, or inspections — We pay CASH!
- We buy “as is,” so you don’t have to worry about repairs or cleanup.
- Take what you want from the property and leave what you do not need. We will clean it out for you.
- We close on your schedule when you are ready.
- If you’re in a rush, we can close in as little as three DAYS, so you can move on with your life.
How Is The Cash Offer Determined for My Property?
We will evaluate a number of factors, including the following:
- The current condition of your house or rental property.
- The approximate cost of repairs and renovations required.
- The amount of time it will take to renovate your house.
- The future “post-renovation” value of your house, compared to other homes in the area.
- The amount of real estate commissions required to sell your home after renovation – or – the amount of effort it will take to re-rent it and the amount of rental income the property will bring.
- The cost of maintaining the property until it’s ready to sell or rent, including insurance, utilities, taxes, loan payments, and more.
The estimated future “post-renovation” value of your renovated property, minus these costs, helps us arrive at a reasonable cash offer that we make.